Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut, lentil and spinach curry (vegan) recipe. You can have coconut, lentil and spinach curry (vegan) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan):
- Provide of Coconut oil for frying (or olive oil, but recommend coconut oil).
- Use of Large red onion, diced.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, diced.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Crushed garlic (not fresh).
- You need 2 cm of ginger, peeled and diced.
- Use 1 of red chilli, seeded and diced.
- Get 1 of green chilli, seeded and diced.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of crushed coriander seeds.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk.
- Use 1 tin of red lentils.
- Provide to taste of coriander leafs, chopped, added.
- Take 1 of big bag of baby spinach.
Steps to make Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan):
- Heat the coconut oil, fry the onions until soft and little gold (5 – 8mins).
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin, garam masala and crushed coriander. Cook until very fragrant (2-4mins).
- add the tomatoes, scraping up any brown bits that form on the pan. cook stirring occatinally until the liquid has reduced and the tomato chunks have softened (5-8mins).
- Add coconut milk and mix well (can add half a cup of water if it's too dry for your taste) Bring to boil over high heat..
- bring down temp, Add lentils and cook until tender (25-35mins)stirring occasionally to prevent the lentils from sticking to the pan. Add coriander leafs to taste..
- Add baby spinach and fold into the curry. Cook until wilted (+-3mins).
If you find this Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.