Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. To cook spicy indian one pot curry you need 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Prepare of basic sauce.
- Get of oil.
- Provide 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Get 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- Use 4 each of green chillies.
- Use 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- You need of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Prepare 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Get 50 grams of black gram.
- Use 50 grams of lima beans.
- Provide 8 each of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need of salt.
- Take of water.
- Provide of vegetables.
- Take 2 medium of potatoes.
- You need 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- You need 2 medium of carrots.
- You need 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- Get 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- Prepare of water.
- Provide of salt.
- Provide of masalas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Take of salt.
- Get of finishing.
- You need 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need of chopped cilantro leaves.
Instructions to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.