Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potatoes and poached eggs in a coconut curry recipe. To make potatoes and poached eggs in a coconut curry you only need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry:
- Take 4 of Eggs ( I made a big curry) :.
- Get 1 of Onion large : chopped.
- You need 3 of Potatoes : medium diced into pieces.
- You need 1 can of Tomatoes : or 3 medium chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of Squash : worth chopped.
- You need 3 of Chilli : slit lengthwise (HEAT!).
- Provide of Ginger : small piece minced.
- Take 3 cloves of Garlic : minced.
- Use 2 tbsps of Curry Powder : (or a combo of tumeric, and coriander).
- Use 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder (or Paprika): (or a little more if you can handle it).
- Take 1 cup of Coconut milk -.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cumin seeds -.
- Provide of Oil.
Steps to make Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry:
- Before we begin, make sure you use a WIDE and deep sauce pot. This gives the eggs room to poach well and the eggs won't disintegrate with the curry!.
- Heat some oil and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start spluttering all over the place, add the minced ginger and garlic, green chillies and onions and saute. Once the onions are soft, add the potatoes and squash and the curry powders. Add a little water and allow it cook for a few minutes.
- A few minutes later add the tomatoes, and a few cups of water and the cup of coconut milk. Add the required amount of salt and some curry powder if needed. Stir well and allow it to cook. When the potatoes and squash are cooked through, it will be time for the eggs to go in. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10-15mins and allow the potatoes and squash to cook through.
- Test a potato in the pot and if it feels cooked (soft and mushy), if it is, break the eggs one by one into the pot. Do it slow and make sure the eggs don't break. It might sound tricky but it was not that difficult!.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for 5mins until the yolk is cooked. I cooked till I got a firm yolk, if you want a runny yolk it should take less than 5mins. Once done, allow the curry to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with some rice, roti or bread.
If you find this Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.