Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Nyonya Fish Head Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Nyonya Fish Head Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nyonya Fish Head Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Power.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us feel better within our bodies. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, however, when it comes to eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
One of the most popular snacks is yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. You cannot beat yogurt any time it comes to a wholesome snack though. It is a protein-rich source of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is simple for the physical body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Yogurt mixes wonderfully with nuts and seeds. It’s an excellent method to enjoy a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to nyonya fish head curry recipe. To cook nyonya fish head curry you need 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Nyonya Fish Head Curry:
- Use 1 of Snapper Fish Head (be sure to remove the gills).
- You need of Blended Paste (processed in a blender);.
- You need 40 g of Shallots.
- Use 20 g of Ginger.
- Get 20 g of Garlic.
- Provide 3 pc of Red Chillies.
- Get 6 pc of Dried Chillies.
- Prepare 20 g (2 cm) of Turmeric Root.
- Use of Spices (mix well in a bowl);.
- Get 3 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Use of Vegetables;.
- Use 3 pc of Okra (cut into pieces).
- You need 1 of Eggplant (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of Other Ingredients;.
- Use 1-2 cups of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Use 2 stick of Lemongrass (bruised).
- Provide 2 pc of Tamarind Slices.
- You need 1 sprig of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Ginger Flower (sliced middle).
- You need as needed of Salt to taste.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
Steps to make Nyonya Fish Head Curry:
- In a pot, heat the oil until hot on high heat and fry the spices until fragrant (10 seconds). Then add the blended paste and mix well. Fry until the oil separates..
- Next add in 1 or 2 cups of coconut milk (depends on the size of the pot and fish), ginger flower, lemongrass, palm sugar, curry leaves, tamarind slices and mix well. Then add in the fish head and vegetables and cover with a lid..
- Let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Turn the fish head on the other side if needed. If there is not enough liquid, an additional 1/2 cup of coconut milk or just water will do..
- Cook until the sauce has thicken to a desired consistency. Season to taste..
- NOTE; if you can't find Shrimp Paste, just use 1 Tbsp Dried Shrimp and pound it to a paste.Traditionally you want Red Snapper fish head, but that's too big for 1 person. Rather, Snapper or Sea Bass head fits better. If you are cooking Red Snapper, double the recipe..
- Commentary – HOW TO EAT FISH HEAD CURRY; If you've had fish head, then you'll know that the head doesn't really have a lot of meat; poor man's food after all. The focus is not really on the meat though, what is great is the curry itself, as it contains all the flavors and nutrients from the fish head..
If you find this Nyonya Fish Head Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.