Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Nyonya Fish Head Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nyonya Fish Head Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most likely pick out many items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nyonya fish head curry recipe. To make nyonya fish head curry you only need 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Nyonya Fish Head Curry:
- Use 1 of Snapper Fish Head (be sure to remove the gills).
- Prepare of Blended Paste (processed in a blender);.
- Use 40 g of Shallots.
- Provide 20 g of Ginger.
- Take 20 g of Garlic.
- You need 3 pc of Red Chillies.
- You need 6 pc of Dried Chillies.
- Get 20 g (2 cm) of Turmeric Root.
- Provide of Spices (mix well in a bowl);.
- Take 3 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Get of Vegetables;.
- Get 3 pc of Okra (cut into pieces).
- Get 1 of Eggplant (cut into pieces).
- Take of Other Ingredients;.
- Take 1-2 cups of Coconut Milk.
- Provide 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Take 2 stick of Lemongrass (bruised).
- Provide 2 pc of Tamarind Slices.
- Use 1 sprig of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1 of Ginger Flower (sliced middle).
- Take as needed of Salt to taste.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
Instructions to make Nyonya Fish Head Curry:
- In a pot, heat the oil until hot on high heat and fry the spices until fragrant (10 seconds). Then add the blended paste and mix well. Fry until the oil separates..
- Next add in 1 or 2 cups of coconut milk (depends on the size of the pot and fish), ginger flower, lemongrass, palm sugar, curry leaves, tamarind slices and mix well. Then add in the fish head and vegetables and cover with a lid..
- Let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Turn the fish head on the other side if needed. If there is not enough liquid, an additional 1/2 cup of coconut milk or just water will do..
- Cook until the sauce has thicken to a desired consistency. Season to taste..
- NOTE; if you can't find Shrimp Paste, just use 1 Tbsp Dried Shrimp and pound it to a paste.Traditionally you want Red Snapper fish head, but that's too big for 1 person. Rather, Snapper or Sea Bass head fits better. If you are cooking Red Snapper, double the recipe..
- Commentary – HOW TO EAT FISH HEAD CURRY; If you've had fish head, then you'll know that the head doesn't really have a lot of meat; poor man's food after all. The focus is not really on the meat though, what is great is the curry itself, as it contains all the flavors and nutrients from the fish head..
If you find this Nyonya Fish Head Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.