Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Xacuti-Goan Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Xacuti-Goan Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Xacuti-Goan Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you probably choose lots of food items out of habit. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to xacuti-goan chicken curry recipe. You can have xacuti-goan chicken curry using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Xacuti-Goan Chicken Curry:
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Chicken cut into medium sized pieces(I took boneless).
- You need 1 cup of Grated coconut.
- Use 4-6 of Garlic cloves.
- Get 2 of Dry red chillies.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Coriander seed.
- Use 5-6 of Black pepper corn.
- Take 1 tsp of Carom seeds.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Poppy seeds(I didn’t use as it’s not allowed here).
- Use 4-5 of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 inch of Cinnamon stick.
- Take 2 of Star anise.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 of Onions medium chopped.
- Use 1 tbsp of Tamarind pulp.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Grated nutmeg.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Use Handful of coriander leaves.
- Use to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Xacuti-Goan Chicken Curry:
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet and sauté the grated coconut till lightly brown. Transfer it to a blender jar..
- Now dry roast red chillies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, fennel seeds, carom seeds, poppy seeds, cloves, cinnamon and star anise till fragrant. Add it to the blender along with the coconut..
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander leaves, garlic,pods, onion and a little water and grind everything to a smooth paste. Marinade the chicken with this green paste.keep the marinated chicken for a few hours.
- For cooking chicken Heat the remaining oil in a deep pan and sauté onions till browned..
- Add chicken pieces and sauté on high heat for two to three minutes. Add the spice paste and salt and stir well so that the chicken pieces are all coated with the spices..
- Next add two cups of water and tamarind pulp and mix thoroughly. Grate some nutmeg and add it to the gravy..
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for about thirty minutes or till the chicken is tender..
- Serve hot with plain white rice..
If you find this Xacuti-Goan Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.