Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawn Madras Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn Madras Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn madras curry recipe. You can cook prawn madras curry using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Prawn Madras Curry:
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take 3/4 tsp of Garam masala.
- Get 2 tsps of Chilli powder.
- Use 1 tbsps of Coriander powder.
- Get 4 – 5 of Chillies (red or green) finely chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of Garlic (crushed).
- Provide 1 of Onion large (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 or 1 tins of Tomatoes (chopped) (250g).
- You need 150 g-200gs of Yoghurt (accordingly).
- Prepare 500 g of Prawns (cleaned).
- Provide 2 tbsps of Vegetable oil ghee or.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water Boiling.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Use handful of Coriander leaves for garnish (finely chopped).
Instructions to make Prawn Madras Curry:
- Gently heat the oil in a wok, large frying pan or saucepan. Add the cumin seeds and fry gently until they pop..
- Add the onion and gently fry until the onion goes mushy and slightly brown. Add garlic and saute until the raw smell disappears. Then add the chillies and saute until the raw smell disappears..
- Next, add the tomatoes and allow to soften. Then add turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. Allow to simmer gently until the oil separates..
- Add the boiling water and allow to cook for 10-15 mins, until most of the water has evaporated away and the mixture starts to go thick again..
- Then, add the prawns and salt. Allow to heat through for about 3-4 mins. If the mixture is looking a bit thick, add some more boiling water. Allow to thicken a little bit if you accidentally put too much water in!.
- Finally, add garam masala and stir for a minute. Gradually stir in the pot of yoghurt, allow to heat through for a few minutes on a low flame. Top with coriander leaves to garnish..
- Serve with basmati rice or nan bread..
If you find this Prawn Madras Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.