Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more important than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. You can cook lentil and tomato curry, indian style using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Get 1/2 can of lentils.
- Prepare 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, sliced.
- Take 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- Use 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Get 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Provide 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- Get 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Take 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Instructions to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.