Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Coconut Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One healthy option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut chicken curry recipe. To make coconut chicken curry you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Chicken Curry:
- You need 3 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Get 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Provide 10 of Curry Leaves.
- Use 6 of Green Chillies.
- Get 1 cup of Onion,finely chopped.
- Use 1/2 cup of Tomato,finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Take 2 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide 500 grams of Chicken drumsticks, skinless.
- Get 1 cup of Fresh Coconut chunks.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Fresh Coriander, chopped.
Steps to make Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Once it is hot, add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies and fry for a few seconds..
- Add onion and fry until they turn translucent. Then add tomato and cook for 3-4 minutes..
- Now add all the spice powder and salt to taste and cook until oil starts to separate from the sides..
- Add chicken and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.Add water and close the cooker..
- Cook for 3 whistles or until chicken is softened..
- Meanwhile, make the fresh coconut milk by blending 1 cup of coconut chunks with 3/4 cup of water and extract the milk..
- Add coconut milk and coriander leaves and simmer for 10-12 minutes on low heat..
- Garnish with some more fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or any bread..
If you find this Coconut Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.