Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Red Lentil Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry recipe. To make red lentil curry you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil Curry:
- Get 3 tbsp of Canola/Vegtable Oil.
- Use 2 tbsp of Chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Provide 8 of Green onions/Scallions White and green parts seperated.
- Take 1 tbsp of Curry powder.
- Take 4 of Carrots, Chopped.
- Provide 1 of large Russet Potato.
- Take 1 cup of Split red lentils.
- You need 4 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Get 1 of Nann bread and lime wedges.
Instructions to make Red Lentil Curry:
- Heat oil in large saucpan or metal pot over medium-high heat..
- Add ginger, garlic, and scallion/green onion whites and cook. Stirring frequently until softened. 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add carrots, potatoes, lentils, broth, salt, and pepper. and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the lentils and vegetables or tender 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Server with Naan and lime wedge, Sprinkle with green parts of scallion/green onion.
If you find this Red Lentil Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.