Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Plant Based Pineapple & Chickpea Curry 🍍🌶🌱 recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Plant Based Pineapple & Chickpea Curry 🍍🌶🌱 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Plant Based Pineapple & Chickpea Curry 🍍🌶🌱 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to plant based pineapple & chickpea curry 🍍🌶🌱 recipe. You can have plant based pineapple & chickpea curry 🍍🌶🌱 using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Plant Based Pineapple & Chickpea Curry 🍍🌶🌱:
- Prepare 1 tin of chickpeas – drained.
- Take 1 tin of drained pineapple rings chopped into pieces (I used the fresh equivalent here).
- Get 1 of scotch bonnet – halved & seeds removed*.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves – grated.
- Use 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger.
- Use 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder.
- Get 50 g of creamed coconut block.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sour cream (optional).
- Provide 1 of small onion – small diced.
- Get 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Get Handful of chopped coriander.
- Take of Water.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of veg oil.
Instructions to make Plant Based Pineapple & Chickpea Curry 🍍🌶🌱:
- In a wide pan heat the oil on a medium heat and soften the onion gently for 5-7 minutes. (add a little water if needed to stop them catching).
- Once softened, add in the garlic and ginger & fry til fragrant stirring all the time. Spoon in the mild curry powder and heat for a few seconds..
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes, heat til bubbling and then melt in the creamed coconut. Stir through to combine then drop in your halved scotch bonnet..
- Once the sauce is back up to heat, pour in the chickpeas, then fill the empty tin with water and pour this in also. Once bubbling, pop a lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes on low/medium heat. Giving it a stir now and then..
- After 10 minutes add in the pineapple chunks and simmer again for 5 minutes to soften them a little..
- Once the pineapple is soft, add in your chopped coriander, sour cream (if using) and stir through. Remove the scotch bonnet chilli halves if desired. Serve with fluffy rice and flatbreads. *you can leave the seeds in the scotch bonnet if you want some serious sweet heat! We didn’t! 😁.
If you find this Plant Based Pineapple & Chickpea Curry 🍍🌶🌱 recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.