Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala style fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala style fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style fish curry recipe. You can have kerala style fish curry using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala style fish curry:
- Get 2 of Mackerel Big sized.
- You need 7-8 of Shallots finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ginger finely chopped.
- Prepare 6-8 cloves of Garlic.
- Use 3 of Green chilies slit.
- Prepare 1 of Tomatoes chopped small.
- Get 3-4 of Malabar tamarind.
- Get of Chilli powder.
- Use of Turmeric powder.
- Use of Coriander powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Provide of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare of Coconut oil.
- Take of Curry leaves 2 sprig.
Steps to make Kerala style fish curry:
- Wash and clean the mackerel and cut into 3 pieces including the head…..
- Marinate in 1tbsp chilli powder, turmeric and salt….let it rest for 1/2 hr.
- Soak the Malabar tamarind in 1/4up water.
- Heat an eartherware vessel add a tbsp of oil….once hot tip in mustard seeds and let it splutter..immediately add shallots,ginger,garlic,greenchillies and a sprig of curry leaves and saute till you get a nice aroma.
- Tip in a tbsp of chilli powder+1.5 tbsp coriander powder and saute for few secs……
- Pour 1.5cup of water once it comes to a boil add in Malabar tamarind along with it's water and few curry leaves and let the gravy cum to a rolling boil…. Now add the fish pieces and add salt……
- Put the flame to low and cook for 10mins closed, stirring in between till the gravy reduces a bit and becomes thick….finally juz before taking off from the flame pour a tsp of oil into the curry in a cicular manner through the sides of the pot and tip in rest of the remaining curry leaves.
- Keep it undisturbed for atleast an hour or more before serving…..This curry tastes best the next day……
If you find this Kerala style fish curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.