Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Dal Kaanda Spicy Bengal Gram and Onion Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Dal Kaanda Spicy Bengal Gram and Onion Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dal Kaanda Spicy Bengal Gram and Onion Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dal kaanda spicy bengal gram and onion curry recipe. To cook dal kaanda spicy bengal gram and onion curry you need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dal Kaanda Spicy Bengal Gram and Onion Curry:
- Prepare 1 bowl of chana dal (rinsed and soaked in water for 3 hrs).
- You need 3 of big sized onions.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- Use 2 tsp of Green Chilli Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Get 4 tsp of oil.
- Use 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Use 1 tsp of kashmiri lal Mirch powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Haldi(Turmeric) powder(optional).
- Get 1/4 tsp of Hing/asafoetida.
- Use 1 tsp of Goda Masala (dry Masala used in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra).
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Get as needed of jaggery.
Steps to make Dal Kaanda Spicy Bengal Gram and Onion Curry:
- Heat oil in a Kadhai. Add rai, cumin, bay leaves, cloves, allow them to splutter..
- Add ginger garlic chilli paste. Sauté till done. Add hing, haldi, mirchi..
- Add onions, cook with lid on..
- Add soaked chana dal, sauté well, add goda Masala, garam Masala, water and cook for 10-15 min..
- Add salt and jaggery, mix well, turn off the flame, garnish with coriander and serve hot with Phulkas!.
If you find this Dal Kaanda Spicy Bengal Gram and Onion Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.