Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan prawn curry (ambot tik) recipe. You can cook goan prawn curry (ambot tik) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Use 250 gms of Prawns fresh or frozen.
- Provide 1/4 cup of coconut grated.
- Provide 1 cup of coconut milk (1st extract).
- You need 8-10 of Kashmiri red chillies.
- Get 1 tbsp of pepper corn.
- Use 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- Take 1 tbsp of Coriander.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- Use 4 tbsp of refined oil. You can also use coconut oil if you prefer.
- Provide 1/2 inch of grated ginger.
- You need Bunch of curry leaves.
- You need of Ball sized tamarind.
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Wash and clean the prawns. If using frozen ones, then soak the prawns in water for about 15 mins, to defrost. Then wash them at least once or twice. Keep aside.
- In a blender, add coconut, Kashmiri red chilli, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, tamarind, garlic, coconut milk and blend into a smooth paste..
- Add 4 tbsps of oil to a pan, once heated add in the curry leaves. Chopped onions, ginger and sauté over medium heat, until the onions turn translucent..
- Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt. Sauté until the tomatoes turn mushy..
- Then add the masala paste and fry it, till the raw smell goes off and the oil starts leaving the sides..
- In goes the cleaned prawns. Add a lil water and let it cook on sim, till the prawns are cooked. Prawns takes very little time to cook, max 5 mins. Once they curl inwards, they are cooked..
- Serve with hot steamed rice and you have one soul satisfying meal on your plate..
If you find this Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.