Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian prawn curry – made from scratch recipe. You can cook indian prawn curry – made from scratch using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch:
- Get 12 of Raw prawn (black tiger prawn or Japanese tiger prawns).
- Use 1 large of Onion.
- You need 1 1/2 cm of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Get 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Take 1 tsp of ☆ Cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of ☆ Cinnamon powder.
- Get 3 of ☆ Whole cardamon.
- Get 3 of ☆ Clove.
- Get 300 grams of Canned tomatoes.
- Get 1 tsp of ◎ Turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ◎ Cayenne pepper.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of ◎ Coriander seed powder.
- Take 250 ml of Water.
- Take 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Take 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of handful Cilantro.
Instructions to make Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch:
- Peel the shells from the prawns, devein, and rinse well. Salt and pepper lightly and set aside. Crush the cardamon with a knife..
- Mince the onion, ginger, and garlic. Open the tomato can. Optional: If you love spicy curry, remove the seeds and thickly slice the fresh hot chili pepper..
- Heat the oil over high heat and add the ☆ spices. Stir-fry so the oil coats the spices and continue until the cumin seed stops crackling..
- Add the garlic, ginger, and onion, then stir-fry until half transparent. If you like it spicy, go ahead and add fresh red chili pepper here and fry..
- Add the ◎ spices and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes..
- Add the tomato. If they are whole, crush with a spatula into small pieces..
- Stir-fry the onion and tomato for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat. It will thicken and the oil will start separating from the tomato..
- Pour in the water and mix the curry paste..
- Cover loosely with a lid and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes. Lift the lid occasionally and stir to prevent the curry from burning. Remove the lid for the last 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, divide the cilantro into two portions. Finely chop one portion, leaving the rest for garnish..
- Add the raw prawns, salt, chopped coriander leaves, and garam masala to the curry sauce and mix. Cook over medium heat until the pawns have boiled. Then taste and adjust the saltiness..
- Remove whole pieces of spices (eg. cardamoms). Plate and garnish with cilantro..
If you find this Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.