Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dudhi chana nu shaak/lauki chana dal ki subji/ bottlegourd gram curry recipe. You can have dudhi chana nu shaak/lauki chana dal ki subji/ bottlegourd gram curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry:
- Prepare 250 g of bottlegourd doodhi, washed, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of split gram chana dal soaked for 1 hour.
- Use 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds rai.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds jeera.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida hing.
- Use 1 of tomato washed and finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Get 2 tsp of sugar (skip if you want to make diabetic friendly).
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder haldi.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander cumin powder dhania jeera powder.
- Use 1 cup of water.
- You need of salt as per taste.
Instructions to make Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry:
- Wash and soak the split gram (chana dal) for at least one hour..
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker pan. Add mustard seeds (rai) to it. When it crackles add cumin seed (jeera) to it. Then add asafoetida (hing) and ginger garlic paste..
- Add washed and chopped tomatoes to it. Add a little salt and cook till tomatoes soften. Add spices – turmeric powder (haldi), coriander-cumin powder (dhania-jeera powder), red chilli powder and sugar. Saute till spices release aroma..
- Now add the soaked chana dal and half cup of water. Let the water boil and dal cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the chopped bottle gourd (dudhi) to it. Mix well and add remaining water and salt to it. Close the pressure cooker lid with a whistle and cook for 4 whistles on high heat and 2 whistles on low heat. Let the pressure cooker cool by itself. Remove the lid and dudhi chana nu shaak is ready to serve..
If you find this Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.