Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamacian style curry chicken recipe. To cook jamacian style curry chicken you only need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- Prepare 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 pckg thighs.
- Use 2-4 tbs of curry powder.
- Take 1 tbs of ground all spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide of Salt for water.
- Get to taste of Thyme.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Get 1 tbs of white vinegar.
- Use 1 of red tomato.
- Prepare 1 of onion (red or yellow).
- Get 2 of carrots.
- Take 1 of red pepper.
- Use 1 of green pepper.
- You need 1 of green onion/scallion.
- Use 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 4-6 of white potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- You need 2 tbs of sofrito (optional..I used bc I didn't have scotch bonnet).
Steps to make Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- Rinse chicken with water. Cut into bite size pieces. Place in salt water..
- Pat dry. Chop onion, peppers, tomato & scallon. Add 2tbs curry powder, all spice, black pepper to chicken. Add vegetables & minced garlic. (Add sofrito if desired) Marinate overnight in the fridge..
- Over medium heat add olive oil & 2 tbs curry powder. Add seasoned chicken mixture to pan, let brown 10 minutes. Chop potatoes & put in water so they don't turn. Chop carrots..
- After 10 minutes, add potatoes, carrits & thyme. (Fresh is better, but my store didn't have any). Add vinegar. (Your choice to add water, I added half of the potato water to get a little sauce for rice). Allow to simmer on medium-low to low for 45 minutes with the lid on. Serve over white rice. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired..
If you find this Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.