Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jamaican Beef Patties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican Beef Patties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One nutritious alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican beef patties recipe. You can cook jamaican beef patties using 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Beef Patties:
- Get of Spicy Mince with Homemade Pattie Dough.
- Use 1 of onion (finely sliced).
- Get 2 tbsp of Ghee/Oil.
- You need 500 g of Beef Mince.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Spring Onions.
- Use 2 of Jalapeños diced up small.
- Prepare Handful of Dhania.
- Take 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Use 2 teaspoons of DhanaJeero.
- Use 2 teaspoons of All Spice (Curry Masala).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Red chillies.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of Red Masala.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Ginger/ Garlic.
- Use 2 teaspoons of Garam Masala.
- Get 2 teaspoons of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg Powder.
- Get of Pattie Dough.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- Take 125 g of Butter (straight from fridge).
- You need 1 cup of ice water.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Use 2 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Provide 1 Tsp of Vinegar (White).
Steps to make Jamaican Beef Patties:
- Braise onion (finely sliced) in 2 tbsp Ghee/Oil in a pot. Then add the Mince, spring onion, Jalapeños, dhania, salt, DhanaJeero, All Spice (Curry Masala), Red chillies, Red Masala, Ginger/ Garlic, Garam Masala, Lemon Juice, Turmeric, Nutmeg Powder. Cook till all water has evaporated. Let it cool.
- Pattie Dough: Mix the flour and butter, till it resembles breadcrumbs Add 1 cup ice cold water, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, ghee and vinegar. Slowly pour in. The dough must bind nicely, the texture should be firm yet stretchable (playdough) Cover with ClingWrap and leave in the fridge for 1 hour..
- To Assemble: Break dough in 4, keep unused portions in fridge. On floured surface, roll out the dough and cut out with a bowl or a large round cutter. Your choice of size. Fill the mince on one side and fold over, sealing with water around edges, and use a fork to bind together. Place on floured wax paper and freeze for an hour. Thaw 10 mins, brush with ghee and bake for 30 mins on 180'C. Serve with Cocoa Bread or Ketchup Enjoy💕💕.
If you find this Jamaican Beef Patties recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.