Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Coconut Milk Fish Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Milk Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Milk Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything right away or that you should altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than completely altering your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut milk fish curry recipe. To cook coconut milk fish curry you need 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Milk Fish Curry:
- Use 1/2 Teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Take 1/4 Teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Provide 1/2 Kilogram of king fish.
- Take 6 of shallots.
- Use 1 inch of ginger piece , chopped.
- Use 1/2 Cup of coconut milk first extract.
- Take 1 Cup of coconut milk second extract.
- Prepare 2 of chilly green.
- Use 1/4 Teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 Teaspoons of chilly red powder.
- Provide 2 1/2 Teaspoons of coriander powder.
- You need 4 of kudam puli (gambogee).
- Use 4 Sprigs of curry leaves.
- Provide of Salt.
- You need of coconut oil.
Steps to make Coconut Milk Fish Curry:
- Soak the gambogee (kudam puli) in warm salted water and set aside. wash and clean the fish pieces well and set aside..
- Heat the coconut oil in a vessel (preferably an earthen pot) and add the mustard seeds to it..
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the fenugreek seeds and let them turn a light brown..
- Add the shallots, green chilly, ginger and half the curry leaves to the oil and sautee well..
- When the shallots turn a light golden colour, add the turmeric, red chilly powder and coriander powder and saute well till the spices lose their raw smell..
- Add the water used to soak the gambogee and mix well. bring the water to a boil..
- When the water is heated through and just starts to boil, add the thin coconut milk and immediately reduce the heat to low. (its important to reduce the heat, otherwise the coconut milk will split).
- Mix thoroughly and when the gravy is just heated through add the cleaned fish pieces, salt and the reserved gambogee. do not stir the fish, just swirl the vessel to coat the pieces in the gravy..
- Cook the fish covered on a gentle heat for about 15 minutes, till the pieces turn opaque..
- Add the thick coconut milk and remaining curry leaves, and swirl to mix. check for seasoning and add salt if required..
- Once you add the thick coconut milk the curry shouldn't be kept on the heat too long. just warm the gravy through and take it off the heat..
- Serve with white rice..
If you find this Coconut Milk Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.