Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) recipe. You can have murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- You need 1 cup of yellow Moong Dal.
- Prepare 1 of Rahu fish head(I use head of a 3kg size Rahu fish).
- You need 2 of big Onion chopped.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ready-made tomato puree or puree of 2 fresh tomatoe.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Panchfuran (a bengali whole spice mix).
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Use 2 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Provide 2 teaspoon of Coriander-Cumin powder(2 tsp coriander+1tsp cumin).
- Get 2 of Whole dry Red chilli.
- Use 2 of Green chilli.
- Take 3-4 tablespoon of Mustard oil.
Steps to make Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- Dry roast moong daal into a pan until light golden brown..
- Let the daal cool and soak in water for an hour..
- Clean and cut the fish head in small pieces as possible..
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and rub to the pieces..
- Heat 1and 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a pan and add the fish head pieces..
- Fry them in medium heat until light golden brown. Keep aside..
- Pressure cook soaked daal with salt and 2 cups of water until just soft..
- Heat 2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a saucepan and temper bay leaf, red chilli and paachfuran..
- After few seconds add chopped onion and saute until onions become translucent..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till raw smell of ginger garlic goes off..
- Now add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander-cumin powder..
- Saute in medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water.Let the spices cook well in medium heat for few minutes..
- When spices and tomatoes cooks well and oil starts separating from gravy add in the fried fish head..
- Stir to coat spices to fish head,add salt and couple of tablespoon of water, cover and cook in low heat for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes remove the cover, fry in spices again for 3-4 minutes. This frying will enhance the flavour of murighonto..
- Next add in cooked daal and mix well with a spatula..
- Add sufficient hot water to make the curry thin, check seasoning and add if necessary..
- Cook in medium heat until murighonto starts boiling and then add some slitted green chillies..
- Further cook in medium low heat for 10 minutes or until gravy comes to your desired consistency. I like the gravy little thin, you can make them thick as well..
If you find this Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.