Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chettinad Potato Fry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad Potato Fry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad potato fry recipe. To cook chettinad potato fry you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chettinad Potato Fry:
- Use 300 gm of Potato.
- You need 2 tbsp of Gingelly oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Curry leaves finely chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of Urad dal.
- Prepare Pinch of Hing.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take As needed of Salt.
- Prepare of Dry Roast and Powder:.
- You need 1 tsp of Urad dal.
- Use 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- You need 5 of Dry red chilli.
- Take 3 of Kashmiri red chilli.
- Take 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Poppy seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp of Dry coconut.
Steps to make Chettinad Potato Fry:
- Boil potatoes in cooker for one whistle. Peel the skin off and cut into cubes..
- Dry roast all the ingredients under the topic "powder" except coconut. Add coconut after switched off the flame. Cool down and grind into coarse powder..
- Heat kadai add oil once hot temper with mustard and cumin. Once mustard spluttered completely add urad dal. Once dal turns to golden colour add curry leaves..
- Now reduce the flame to sim. Make sure oil is not too hot. Now add high, roasted masala and finely add turmeric. If you add turmeric at beginning it burn quickly and don't give nice colour and flavour. Add salt..
- Now add the potato immediately and give stir. Don't mash it stir slowly and the same time masala should coat on all the sides..
- Now increase flame little bit. Roast until it become crispy..
- Serve hot as a side dish for sambar, rasam or curd rice..
If you find this Chettinad Potato Fry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.