Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely purchase a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 🌱 vegan pulled aubergine & chickpea coconut curry 🍛 recipe. You can cook 🌱 vegan pulled aubergine & chickpea coconut curry 🍛 using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛:
- Provide 1.5 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- Take 1 of large whole aubergine.
- Take 1 of medium onion – finely diced.
- You need 2 of large garlic cloves – minced.
- Take 1 of red pepper – very small diced.
- Get Tin of chickpeas – drained.
- Prepare 50 g of creamed coconut block (chopped into small pieces.).
- Use 1.5 teaspoons of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 0.5 teaspoon of madras curry powder.
- You need 0.5 teaspoon of mild chilli powder.
- Use 1.5 teaspoons of ground coriander powder.
- Get 0.5 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Use Handful of chopped fresh coriander.
- Take Handful of flaked almonds. (Optional for garnish).
- You need 1 (400 g) of tin chopped tomatoes (+ the tin and a half full of water).
Instructions to make 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛:
- Heat the oven to 200deg C place the whole aubergine on a roasting tray and coat with 0.5 tablespoon of the sunflower oil. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes until soft and set aside..
- Gently fry the onion and garlic on a low heat for 10 minutes til soft and translucent. (add a little water to simmer and stop them burning).
- Turn the hob to a medium heat. Add in the diced pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes. Tip in the spices and fry for a minute or two until fragrant. (Don’t burn them).
- Tip in the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the creamed coconut to the middle of the pan, melt it down & stir in. Pour in 1.5 tins (from the tomatoes) full of water..
- Heat til bubbling then add the chickpeas, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes..
- While the curry is simmering, split the aubergine in half and scoop out the flesh. Shred it with two forks and add into the curry for 2 minutes at the end..
- Now stir in the chopped coriander & sprinkle over the almonds. I served with fluffy mushroom rice, flatbreads and crispy, roasted, spiced potatoes. (Recipe for these will be in a separate post).
If you find this 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.