Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple red lentil curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple red lentil curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything instantly or that you should entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. In time, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple red lentil curry recipe. To cook simple red lentil curry you need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple red lentil curry:
- Prepare 300 grams of red lentils.
- Provide 200 ml of coconut cream.
- Use 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 3 of gloves of garlic.
- Take 2.5 cm of fresh ginger.
- Get Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Provide Half of teaspoon cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of corriandar powder.
- You need 2 of green finger sized chillies.
- Use 2 of cloves.
- Use 2 of cardamoms.
- You need Half of teaspoon black peppers.
- Provide of Salt.
- Get 1 table spoon of tomato paste.
- Provide of Lemon wedges to serve.
- Use of Fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Use as needed of Butter or ghee.
Steps to make Simple red lentil curry:
- Melt butter/ghee in the pot. Fry onions until they change colour. Put ginger and garlics and chillies in food processor or chopper. Add ginger and garlic and chillies to pot. Saute few seconds until you feel the aroma..
- Add cloves,cardamoms turmeric, cumin and corriandar and saute few seconds. Wash and drain red lentils two times and add them to the pot..
- Add tomato paste, salt and enought water. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot until lentils half cooked(about 10 minutes). Add coconut cream. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes. Add black pepper.Discard cardamoms and cloves. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with naan or plain steamed rice and lemon wedges.I did not have fresh mint at home. That is why I used dried mint as you see in the photo..
If you find this Simple red lentil curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.