Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Thayir Sadam (curd rice) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thayir Sadam (curd rice) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thayir sadam (curd rice) recipe. You can cook thayir sadam (curd rice) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Thayir Sadam (curd rice):
- Take 1 cup of rice.
- Take 1 cup of cold curd.
- Get 1/4 of th cup milk (optional).
- Use 1-2 of finely chopped green chilies.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- Provide to taste of Salt according.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder (optional).
- Take of as required Water for cooking rice.
- Provide of For For tempering:.
- Provide 1-11/2 tablespoon of oil or ghee or as required.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need leaves of few Curry.
- You need 1-2 of dry red chillies.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of urad dal.
- Use 1 tablespoon of chana dal(optional).
- Use of For garnishing:.
- Get handful of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Provide 1-2 tablespoons of pomegranate arils or as needed.
Steps to make Thayir Sadam (curd rice):
- First of all wash and rinse rice properly and soak in a water for about 5 to 7 minutes..
- Now prepare rice in a pan or pressure cooker by adding required amount of water and salt according to taste. Prepare between medium to high heat..
- Now once the rice are cooked properly,let it cool down completely..
- Then add the rice in a broad bowl, then add curd, milk, chopped green chilies, ginger, red chilli powder and mix everything nicely..
- For tempering: Take a pan add oil/ghee,let it heat properly, then add mustard seeds. When it starts cracking add urad dal and chana dal and saute until brown.Then add dry red chilli, curry leaves and asafoetida. Switch off the heat and add the tempering on the rice.
- Finally garnish it with fresh coriander and pomegranate arils.The curd rice is ready to eat.
- IMPORTANT POINTS (1)Can also be made with leftover rice. (2)curd rice tastes more better when ghee is used for tempering..
If you find this Thayir Sadam (curd rice) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.