Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys jerk chicken w jamaican-style rice & peas, gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys jerk chicken w jamaican-style rice & peas, gf df ef sf nf using 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Prepare of Jerk Marinade.
- Provide 2 tbsp of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of dried thyme.
- Take 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Get 1 tbsp of low-sodium salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Provide 4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Take 4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Take 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- Use 480 ml of fresh orange juice.
- Use 480 ml of fresh pineapple juice.
- Use 240 ml of worcestershire sauce, see my profile for a gluten-free recipe.
- Provide 6 of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- Use of Rice & Peas (Kidney Beans).
- Take 2100 ml of boiling water.
- Provide 400 grams of can of coconut milk.
- You need 550 grams of basmati rice.
- Provide 5 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Use 3 of spring onions/scallions, just the green leaves, sliced.
- You need 1 of scotch bonnet chilli, whole.
- Get 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of pepper.
- Use 1 can of red kidney beans, 400g undrained.
Steps to make Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF:
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients apart from the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a dish, pour over enough marinade to cover it in and reserve the rest. Cover both and chill in the fridge overnight.
- To make the rice & peas, first rinse the rice well.
- Put into a large pan with everything apart from the kidney beans and bring back to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, put the lid on the pan and let the rice cook for 25 minutes or until just a little water remains in the pan.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill/broiler on medium and cook the chicken, discarding the marinade for 4 minutes on each side then remove and cool. The chicken won't be cooked fully at this point.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for 2 minutes. Cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Turn the grill to low, brush the chicken all over with the reserved marinade and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is done, basting frequently with the marinade.
- To finish the rice, remove the chilli, add the undrained kidney beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let sit until the liquid is all absorbed.
- Serve the chicken over the rice & peas.
If you find this Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.