Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Lamb and vegetable curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lamb and vegetable curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lamb and vegetable curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything right away or that you should completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb and vegetable curry recipe. You can cook lamb and vegetable curry using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lamb and vegetable curry:
- Take 1.25 kg of diced lamb.
- Use 50 g of ghee or butter.
- Provide 50 ml of olive oil.
- Get 1 of fennel bulb.
- Use 1 of large yellow onion.
- Take 1 of aubergine.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- Use 6 of medium sized mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 of green chillis.
- Prepare 2.5 cm of fresh ginger.
- Provide 1 of large sweet pointed pepper.
- Provide 3 of limes.
- Provide 1 can of coconut milk.
- Take 1 tbs of whole coriander.
- Get 1 tbs of ground coriander.
- Take 1 tbs of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ground turmeric.
- Use 2 cm of piece cinnamon bark.
- Take 7 of green cardamom.
- Provide 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of whole black pepper.
- Use 200 g of spinach leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
Steps to make Lamb and vegetable curry:
- Chop the onion moderately finely. Place the ghee (or butter) and the olive oil in a large pan and melt it together. When it just begins to sizzle a little add the dry spices and the bay leaves and stir for 30 seconds or so. Add the onions and sautee lightly until they go transparent..
- Meanwhile get a heavy bottomed frying pan or dutch oven very hot and sear the lamb quickly on all sides in batches to a nice brown and add to the onion and spice mix..
- Finely chop the chillis, ginger and garlic. Stir the meat and onion over a medium heat for a minute or so and add the finely chopped fennel, the chilis, the ginger and garlic. Stir well and add the juice of 3 limes..
- Roughly break up the mushrooms into large chunks and add to the curry..
- Add the other chopped veg and pour in a can of coconut milk..
- Top up with water and simmer for 45 mins, stirring occasionally. In the last few minutes of cooking put in the spinach a handful at a time and incorporate into the curry..
- Simmer for a minute until the spinach softens and serve with soured cream, fresh coriander leaves, boiled rice and indian chutneys.
If you find this Lamb and vegetable curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.