Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Snacks.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain foods is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil & whey curry (perfect cooker recipe) recipe. You can have lentil & whey curry (perfect cooker recipe) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe):
- Provide of sprinkle of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, pressed or chopped into small pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium sized onion, sliced.
- Take 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut.
- Get 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Get 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 1/2 cup of whey (or stock/water).
- Use 1 tsp of white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar).
- Provide 1/2 of medium carrot, sliced in fairly thick pieces.
- Provide 1/2 of red pepper, sliced.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe):
- Coat the Perfect Cooker cup with a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Put the lentils in the Perfect Cooker pot with the garlic, onion, coconut and spices..
- Add the whey (or other liquid, which could be any flavour of stock or other cooking liquid). I made cheese at the weekend, so have quite a lot of whey left over, so I used whey in the recipe tonight instead of my usual chicken stock. The whey adds a much sweeter flavour, and the white wine vinegar complements this to produce a balanced sweet and sour flavour..
- Layer the vegetables on top – I used carrot and pepper tonight. Carrot works particularly well in this, producing a really sweet taste. The texture of carrot remains if you chop these roughly rather than into think slices..
- You can also add some meat, such as slices of ham or chorizo, but I prefer this as a vegetarian dish..
- That's it – press "cook" on the Perfect Cooker..
- You can leave it to complete cooking undisturbed, but I generally give it a stir after about 10 minutes to stop lentils sticking to the bottom..
- Spoon on to a plate/bowl top serve..
- Optionally, add yoghurt and spinach leaves on top..
If you find this Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.