Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Black eyed peas curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black eyed peas curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can get results without removing foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. Even more crucial than totally changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to black eyed peas curry recipe. To cook black eyed peas curry you need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Black eyed peas curry:
- You need 2 cups of black eyed peas.
- Get 1 cup of onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomao.
- Use 4-5 of green chilli.
- Use 1 cup of dill.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 6-8 tsp of oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get 4 cups of water.
Instructions to make Black eyed peas curry:
- Soak 2 cups of dried black eyed peas in 4 cups of water for about 4-6 hours..
- After 6 hours boil the soaked black eyed peas adding 4 cups of water and 1 tsp salt. It may take 20 minutes to cook the peas. You can also use pressure cooker for boiling the peas. In pressure cooker on high flame cook until get one whistle. Please don't overcook to maintain the nutrients..
- Take a pan and heat oil. Now add chopped onion and green chilli..
- Fry onion and green chilli for 2-3 minutes then add salt. Remember we already added salt while boiling the peas so add as required. Then add 1/2 tsp turmeric and 1/2 cup tomato..
- Then add 2 tsp garam masala and cook for 5minutes. Get the consistency as in the picture below..
- Now add the boiled black eyed peas along with the boiled water. Then add 1 cup chopped dill. Mix everything well and cover the pan with lid. Cook for 3 minutes..
- Now black eyed peas curry is ready to be served. Serve it with chapathi or hot jowar roti..
If you find this Black eyed peas curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.