Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chingri diye aloo potoler dalna (parwal prawns curry – bengali style) recipe. To cook chingri diye aloo potoler dalna (parwal prawns curry – bengali style) you need 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style):
- Get 10-12 of Potol (Parwal/Pointed Gourd), scraped & chopped into roundels.
- Take 1 of potato, cubed.
- Use 1/2 cup of prawns, deveined & cleaned.
- Get 3-4 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Take 1" of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Use 4-5 of cloves.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Use 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Use 2-3 of fresh chilies, slit.
- Provide 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Get 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Get to taste of salt.
Instructions to make Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style):
- Heat oil and fry the prawns till golden brown. Drain and keep aside. In the same oil fry the potato and parwals separately till light brown. Keep aside..
- Heat the remaining oil & temper with bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder mixed with 1/4 cup water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Now add the fried parwals, potatoes, prawns, slit chilies and salt to taste. Mix everything well and stir fry for 2 minutes..
- Add 2 cups water & simmer, covered on a low flame till the gravy thickens and the parwals turns soft..
- Add tomato & garam masala powder. Cover and cook further for 2 minutes..
- When done, add ghee and mix well. Switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with either plain steamed rice, chapati or poori..
If you find this Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.