Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything at once or that you need to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe. You can cook chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry:
- Prepare of Curry paste.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Use of Thumb size piece of ginger.
- Use 2 of large cloves of garlic.
- Get 1/2 of de-seeded red chilli.
- Take 1 of tspn ground cumin.
- You need of 1 tspn turmeric.
- Provide 1 of tspn chilli powder.
- Get 1 of tspn ground coriander.
- Use of Big squeeze of tomato purée.
- Get of Drizzle of oil.
- Get of Curry.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Provide 1 tin of coconut milk.
- You need 200 g of ready cooked brown lentils (I love oddpods).
- Provide 1/2 tin of (use coconut milk tin) of water.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Provide Handful of fresh coriander.
- Take Half of bag of washed spinach leaves.
Steps to make Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry:
- Saute onions for a couple of minutes in the oil until soft then add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook for another couple of minutes and add the spices from the paste section. Only cook them for another minute or so then blitz all of this together. Once blitzed add the tomato purée..
- Meanwhile, start cooking the chicken (cut into chunks) in the same pan and brown for a minute or so. Then re-add the paste over the chicken and cook for a few minutes till simmering. Then, off the heat, add the coconut milk and water, and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer on the lowest heat for an hour or so until the chicken is nice and tender..
- Just when you’re ready to cook the rice, add the fresh coriander, spinach and cooked lentils to the curry and then pop the lid on till the rice is cooked. Serve with lots more fresh coriander and chopped red chilli. I also like to serve this curry with fluffy basmati rice, a salad and popadoms..
If you find this Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.