Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys jamaican-style coconut mango chicken curry gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys jamaican-style coconut mango chicken curry gf df ef sf nf using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get of Curry Spice.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Take 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of Scotch Bonnet chilli pepper, deseeded.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Take of Curry.
- Provide 4 tbsp of sunflower oil, divided.
- Prepare 6 of medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced.
- Use 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small butternut squash, diced.
- Provide 1 of large aubergine / eggplant, diced.
- Take 6 of small waxy yellow potatoes, diced.
- Use 1 of ripe mango, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of ripe papaya, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 400 ml of full fat canned coconut milk.
- Get 300 ml of good chicken stock.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of juice of half a lime.
Instructions to make Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF:
- Put the spice ingredients into a grinder or use a pestle and mortar to bash them into a paste. Set aside.
- Put half of the oil into a large pot over a medium heat and brown off the chopped chicken.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside covered with foil.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pot and cook the onions, butternut squash, aubergine and potatoes until golden.
- Add the spice mix and stir in to infuse the flavours for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the mango, papaya, coconut milk, chicken stock, tamarind paste and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil then simmer, covered for 40 minutes. If the liquid gets too low add extra stock but you don't want to dilute the other flavours too much so keep an eye on the pan.
- Add the lime juice and adjust the seasonings to taste, adding salt and extra chilli if desired.
- Serve with my previously posted coconut rice from this recipe. I like to mix a handful of dessicated coconut into the rice here for extra flavour https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347853-vickys-jerk-chicken-with-jamaican-style-rice-peas-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
If you find this Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.