Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One wholesome alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. To make spicy indian one pot curry you need 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Use of basic sauce.
- Get of oil.
- Provide 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Get 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Use 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- You need 4 each of green chillies.
- Prepare 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- Take of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Provide 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Get 50 grams of black gram.
- Get 50 grams of lima beans.
- Take 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Take 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get of salt.
- Use of water.
- Use of vegetables.
- You need 2 medium of potatoes.
- You need 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- You need 2 medium of carrots.
- Take 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- You need 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of masalas.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Provide of salt.
- Prepare of finishing.
- Prepare 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need of chopped cilantro leaves.
Steps to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.