Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Kerala Prawn curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Prawn curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Prawn curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala prawn curry recipe. To cook kerala prawn curry you need 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Prawn curry:
- Prepare 500 gms of Prawn , shelled and cleaned -.
- You need 1 cup of Shallots , peeled and cut lengthwise (Onion is compromise) -.
- You need 1 inch of Coconut , Tender sliced and cut – 1/2 cups.
- Get 4 of Gamboog (Kudam puli) – shells.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Ginger , peeled cleaned and sliced thin -.
- Use 3 tablespoons of Red chilli powder -.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder -.
- Get 30 ml of Coconut oil -.
- Get to taste of Salt ..
- Use of Curry leaves ..
Steps to make Kerala Prawn curry:
- Take Prawns, shallots (1/2 cup), coconut, gamboog, ginger and salt preferably in an earthen pot, add enough water to cover and simmer till the shallots get transparent and tender..
- Heat coconut oil in a wok, and sauté the remaining shallots till lightly golden. Add 2 tablespoon water and then chilli powder and turmeric powder. Stir till water evaporate and oil appear..
- Add the pre-cooked ingredients in step 1 to the wok, may add little water to adjust the gravy and simmer for 5 minutes. Add curry leaves at this stage..
If you find this Kerala Prawn curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.