Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for West Indian Curry Mutton recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best West Indian Curry Mutton recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to West Indian Curry Mutton recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to west indian curry mutton recipe. You can have west indian curry mutton using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make West Indian Curry Mutton:
- Use 3 lbs of boneless mutton, cubed.
- Get 4 tbsp of curry powder.
- Take 1 of large onion, sliced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 of scotch bonnet pepper, sliced.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Use of Sunflower oil.
- You need 4 cups of boiling water.
- Use of Fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Take 2-3 of potatoes, cubed.
Steps to make West Indian Curry Mutton:
- Combine the salt, pepper 4 tbsp curry powder, the sliced onion, garlic, scotch bonnet pepper & a couple of sprigs of thyme in a bowl..
- Add the mutton to the curry mix, coat thoroughly and then leave to marinate for at least 4 hours or preferably over night in a fridge..
- In a large frying pan, add the oil, separate the mutton from the onions and pepper then brown the meat before transfering to a large heavy bottomed pot. You will probably need to do this in batches..
- Once the meat is browned, add 2 cups of boiling water and the fresh thyme, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about an hour..
- Next add the chopped onion, the sliced onions and pepper and 2 more cups of water. Bring to the boil and then add more curry powder to taste and the cubed potatoes. Throw in more fresh thyme if you like..
- Simmer on a low heat until mutton is tender and serve with rice 'n' peas or basmati rice..
If you find this West Indian Curry Mutton recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.