Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Snacks.
We are very mindful that eating healthy foods can help us really feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a wonderful alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds have a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you really need a shot of energy. Various nutritional vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that causes drowsiness, is found in almonds. However, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and offer a general sense of comfort. Your emotional state can sometimes be lifted simply by eating almonds.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to assamese bilahi boror tenga (sour curry with red lentil fritter) recipe. To make assamese bilahi boror tenga (sour curry with red lentil fritter) you only need 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter):
- You need of for fritters-.
- Take 1/2 cup of split red lentils (Masoor dal).
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- You need 1 pinch of hing.
- You need to taste of Salt according.
- Get of as required Oil to deep fry.
- Take of for Gravy-.
- Use 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of potato cooked and mashed.
- Use 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 4 of kokum pieces (Malabar tamarind).
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- Provide to taste of Salt according.
- Take of For tempering-.
- Take 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of panch phoran masala.
- Use 1 of dried red chilli.
- Prepare of For garnish-.
- Provide 1 handful of Finely chopped coriander leaves.
Steps to make Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter):
- Take the mixing bowl add masoor dal then Wash the dal twice and soak it for 30 minutes. In another bowl soak the tamarind in water about 15 mins, keep it aside..
- After the half an hour transfer the soaked red lentils and green chillies into a mixer grinder and grind the contents to a coarse paste with adding little water if required. We need a thick paste to be formed to fry..
- Now transfer the ground dal paste to mixing bowl, add asafoetida, pinch of turmeric powder and salt according to your taste mix well. Do a taste check, if you feel the salt or spiciness is less, you can add at this stage..
- Next Heat the oil in deep vessel for frying. Once the oil is hot sufficiently..
- Take the small spoon portion of the dal mixture or batter and drop them with the help of a spoon into the oil. Fry them till they are turns to golden colour..
- Now take them out and drain them on a kitchen towel. Do the frying in batches, do not overcrowd the oil in deep frying pan since the frying becomes slow and the fritters might lose their crispness. Keep them aside till the curry is almost done..
- Further heat the Kadhai with mustard oil, once the oil is hot, add the bay leaves saute for a few seconds till the aroma arises. immediately add dried red chilli and saute for few seconds. Add panch phoran masala and give it a quick mix..
- Next, immediately add the finely chopped onions so that the panch Phoran masala doesn't get burnt. Add pinch of salt and stir till the onions turn light golden brown colour appears..
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder mix well. Cook the tomatoes over low heat till they become mushy..
- Additionally add the red chilli powder, salt to taste, chopped potato mix well. next add coriander powder, Garam masala and saute for a minute..
- Furthermore, Add soaked tamarind water, sugar and some more water. Let it simmer for a minute.
- After add fried lentil fritters into the pan, and let it simmer for 2 more mins..
- Lastly, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve Assamese bilahi boror tenga or (Assamese sour curry with red lentil fritters) with chapati or Rice..
If you find this Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.