Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman chicken curry recipe. To cook thai massaman chicken curry you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- Get 250 g of chicken, cut into long strips.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Use 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- Get 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- You need 1 of star anise.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Get 1 of big red chilli, finely sliced.
Instructions to make Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 3-4 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add Massaman curry paste in and mix well. Wait until some beautiful red oil separated from the curry paste..
- Add chicken in and stir for 2-3 min. Then add star anise and cinnamon stick in the curry and mix in well..
- Add onion and potatoes in, mix all well and add the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. You can add some more fishsauce, palm sugar or tamarind if you prefer. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts, red chilli and stir well..
- Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too. Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.