Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
These types of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lahori murgh channay – lahori chickpea and chicken curry recipe. To make lahori murgh channay – lahori chickpea and chicken curry you only need 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry:
- You need 6 Tbsps of Oil –.
- Prepare 600 gms of Chickpeas – (cooked).
- Take 450 gms of Chicken – (6-8 pieces).
- Get 3 of Onions – Medium (finely chopped).
- Get 4 of Tomatoes – Medium (Pureed).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Garlic Ginger / –.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cumin –.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds (Rai)–.
- Use 1 tsp of Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana) –.
- You need 1 tsp of Seeds Nigella (Kalonji) –.
- Prepare 1 of Green chili – medium.
- Provide 1 of Red chili (Use more green chili or chili powder if you cannot find fresh red chili) –.
- You need ½ tsp of Chili Powder – (adjust in accordance with the use of green & red chili).
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Powder –.
- Use ¼ tsp of Turmeric –.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Salt – (adjust as per your taste).
- Get 700 ml of Water –.
- Use of Curry Leaves Fresh – few (if you can find them).
- Use 1 tbsp of Amchoor Mango powder – Dried – (optional).
Instructions to make Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry:
- Heat Oil in the pan and fry onions till light brown..
- Add ginger/Garlic paste. Cook for 30 sec..
- Now add chicken and cook it for 3-4 minutes till the chicken changes its color..
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds. Cook them for about a minute. Deglaze the pan with 100 ml of water. It ensures that the seeds don't burn..
- Add tomato puree, salt, chili powder, turmeric and Cumin Powder. Cook till the water dries up and oil comes out on the sides..
- Add drained chickpeas, one green chili and a few leaves of Curry Leaves (optional) and mix thoroughly..
- Add 700 mls of water, mix it and let it boil on high heat for 5-7 minutes..
- Now reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cover the pan..
- Take a cup of chickpeas from the pan and mash them in a plate with a fork. Add the mashed chickpeas to the curry. This will thicken the gravy..
- Simmer for around 20 mins till the curry has reduced to about ¾ of the water and has thickened..
- Once you remove the pan from heat, you can add a tablespoon of dried mango powder to give the curry a slight tanginess. The curry tastes fabulous without Dried mango powder as well..
- Garnish with fresh Coriander..
If you find this Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.