Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry puff (basic pastry) recipe. To cook curry puff (basic pastry) you only need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Get of Curry Puff Filling.
- Prepare 2 cups of peeled & finely diced potatoes.
- Get 2 cups of minced chicken.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped brown/yellow onion.
- Take 1 tbsp of finely minced/chopped garlic.
- Use 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of meat curry powder (Baba's).
- Get 1 tsp of KEEN'S curry powder (see pic – optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide to taste of Pepper.
- Use of Peanut/vegetable oil (cooking).
- Get of Curry Puff Skin.
- Provide 500 g of plain flour.
- Get 100 g of rice flour.
- Use 100 g of tapioca flour.
- Provide 200 g of margarine/butter.
- Take 250-300 ml of water.
- Take of Oil for frying.
Instructions to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Curry Puff Filling – Heat up wok over medium high heat and pour enough oil to cook curry puff filling. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add finely diced potato and minced chicken. Cook and stir over medium high heat. Add chilli & curry powder. Add the remaining ingredients and keep stirring. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Simmer until lightly dry and potatoes are soft. Turn off the heat & leave aside to cool..
- Curry puff skin – Rubbing method. Rub plain flour, rice flour, tapioca flour & butter until well mixed & resemble bread crumbs. Then add water in few additions, stop adding water once you have pliable dough. Avoid over knead the pastry. Roll out dough into desired thickness (3mm thick) and then cut into round shape. Wrap up the filling & fold into the shape of curry puff. Pinch the edge of curry puff & twist it to seal (We use curry puff mould)..
- Tip for step 2 👉🏻 Use food processor instead of the rubbing method. Just pulse the dry ingredients and butter for curry puff skin until it resembles bread crumbs. Then, add enough water to form a pliable dough..
- Heat up oil for deep frying. (Always use enough oil for frying so you ll have crispy curry puffs). Deep fry until golden brown. We usually make these in big batch. We Half bake them & leave them to cool completely before refrigerate. Fry the next day or after. Alternatively these puffs can be stored in the freezer and last for months. Just half bake them, always leave them to cool completely before storing, in the fridge or freezer. No thawing needed when frying the ones from the freezer..
If you find this Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.