Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to aubergine & chickpea curry recipe. You can have aubergine & chickpea curry using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Prepare 2 of Aubergines.
- Take 1 tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Provide 10 of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Dried Chillies.
- Get 4 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- You need 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Provide 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- Get 6 of Tomatoes.
- Get 1 of Onion.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Oil.
Steps to make Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Quarter the tomatoes, and dice onions finely..
- Halve the aubergines, then cut each half into wedges..
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick, and brown half the aubergines for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp all over..
- Scoop onto a plate, repeat with more oil and the remaining aubergines, then set everything.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry for 30s until fragrant..
- Stir in the onions and continue cooking until they are softened and beginning to brown..
- Add the dried chillies and spices with a spoonful of the thick coconut milk from the top of the can, then fry for 1 minute more..
- Add the remaining coconut milk, tomatoes and half a can of water. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until thick and saucy..
- Stir in the chickpeas and aubergines. Continue simmering for 5 minutes or so, until everything is hot and the aubergines are tender..
- Serve with rice or warm Naan, scattered with a few extra curry leaves sizzled in a splash of oil, if you like..
If you find this Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.