Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out several modest changes.
You can see results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate in the past.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry chicken satay recipe. You can have coconut curry chicken satay using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- Take 40 of skewers soaked ideally overnight, but at least 6 hours or so.
- Use 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into roughly 1/3-inch thick, 1.5-inch wide strips.
- Get 1-1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Provide 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
- Get 1/4 cup of minced shallots.
- Provide 3 Tablespoons of packed brown sugar.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Provide of zest of 1 lime.
- You need 1.5-2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic (about 2 large cloves).
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of curry powder.
Instructions to make Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the salt first and give them a good thorough mixing with your hands to ensure that the chicken is evenly seasoned with the salt. Let that sit for about 5 minutes while add the other ingredients into the bowl..
- Combine the rest of the marinade ingredients with the salted chicken and again, using your hands, massage the ingredients gently and thoroughly into the chicken, making sure that all the components are evenly distributed throughout the chicken..
- Cover the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 8. (What will happen if you marinate it longer? Well, it won't be terrible, but the longer proteins sit in a salty mixture, the more cured a texture they begin to take on. You can actually let this marinade go for 2 or 3 days before you cook the chicken, but I think up to 8 hours for chicken breast keeps optimal texture. Up to overnight for dark meat.).
- Skewer the chicken in roughly 6-inch segments. This may take combining 2 or more pieces together. No biggie. Also, if you're planning to cook the chicken over coals right after you skewer, right before Step 4 would be a good time to light your coals..
- Grill the skewers over slightly lower than medium heat. 3 to 4.5 minutes per side for breast meat, 5.5 to 7 minutes per side for dark meat..
- GRILLING TIPS: If you're grilling on a gas grill, you just need to preheat your grill to a just under medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes prior to cooking. If you're grilling with coals, since you're dealing with smaller, thinner skewer cuts, you'll want to make sure to give your coals plenty of time for the flames to burn out and then a little time for the white heat to dissipate just a bit before you start cooking..
- GRILLING TIPS (cont): You'll be able to tell when some of the coals have returned to something more like the original charcoal color. And then there's always the hand test (assuming an even spread of the coals) in which you hold your hand an inch or two above the grill grates and judge the temp by how long you can hold it there before you have to pull it away. For the slightly less than medium heat you want for these satay skewers, 4 to 5 seconds should do it..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.