Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Power.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When looking for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. The truth is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt helps make a wonderful snack, nonetheless. Along with calcium, it is a good supplier of protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Try including some wholesome nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent approach to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to best chicken and chickpea curry recipe. To cook best chicken and chickpea curry you only need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- You need 3 of large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks.
- Take 2 tbsp of thick yoghurt – we use Fage 5% greek.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tsp cumin.
- Use 1 of heaped tsp garam masala.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Get Half of tsp mild chilli powder.
- Provide 3 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves,finely chopped.
- Use 1 inch of piece of root ginger (or use a heaped tsp frozen ginger), finely chopped or grated.
- Get 2 of extra tsp cumin and turmeric.
- Take 8-10 of new potatoes, skins on, pre-cooked – we were using some leftovers!.
- Provide 400 g of tin coconut milk (you could use light but we prefer regular full-fat!).
- Use 210 g of tin chickpeas.
- Take 150 g of fresh spinach.
- Take 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Add the spices (cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder) to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Add 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt and stir well. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture. Cover and put in the fridge and marinade for as long as you can – we often forget to do it overnight but this produces the best results. If not, marinade as soon as you remember, even for an hour before cooking..
- To start cooking, heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add 1 tsp of extra cumin and turmeric and stir for a minte or so..
- In a bowl, add the remaining cumin and garam masala to 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Tip in the cooked potatoes and stir well until coated..
- In a smaller non-stick pan, fry the potatoes until they are crispy and golden – this should take about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Whilst your potatoes are frying, add the marinating chicken chunks with their sauce to the cooked onion mixture in your large pan. Turn up the heat so that the mixture starts to bubble, then reduce the heat to low/medium. Add half a tin of coconut milk and cook for approx 15 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked. If the sauce starts to thicken too much, add more coconut milk, a little at a time..
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and a small tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well, adding the fresh spinach and stir again. Cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Now add the crispy potatoes and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with basmati brown rice or poppodums and naan if you prefer. You can also serve the potatoes separately as I did for my children as they love the crispiness!!.
If you find this Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.