Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything right away or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish head lentil curry – bengali style recipe. You can cook fish head lentil curry – bengali style using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style:
- Use 1/2 cup of moong dal (split green gram), dry roasted.
- Take 1 of Rohu fish head, deep fried.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tsp. of tomato paste /1/2 cup tomato puree.
- Get 4 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of panch phoron (equal quantities of fennel, fenugreek, cumin, mustard & nigella seeds).
- Provide 1" of cinnamon.
- Use 2 of green cardamoms.
- Get 4 of cloves.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 of dry red chilli, broken into half.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Use 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilies, slit (opt).
- Get 1 tsp. of ghee (clarified butter).
Steps to make Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style:
- Dry roast the moong dal (split green gram). Boil in 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. When cool, whisk well along with salt and turmeric powder and keep aside..
- Deep fry the fish head after marinating with a pinch of salt & turmeric powder..
- Temper the oil with panch phoron, dry red chilli, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and bay leaves. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add onion and saute till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, tomato paste & garam masala powder mixed with 2-3 tbsp. water..
- Add the boiled dal, salt, green chilies (opt) and the fried fish head..
- When done, add ghee and mix well. Serve hot with plain steamed rice..
If you find this Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.