Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One nutritious option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tonkatsu or katsu curry recipe. To make tonkatsu or katsu curry you need 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- You need of Sushi rice:.
- Get 2-3 cups of rice (use more or less).
- Take of For the breaded meat:.
- Provide 1 box of pork loin (contains about 4-5 pieces) or 2 chicken breasts cut in half longways (to make 4 pieces).
- You need of Salt & pepper for seasoning.
- Use 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- You need 2 of large eggs beaten.
- Use 1 cup of panko (Japanese breadcrumbs).
- You need 4-5 cups of vegetable oil, for cooking the breaded meat.
- Provide of For the vegetables:.
- You need 2 of carrots, sliced into rounds.
- Use 1 of medium onion, chopped into quarter slices.
- Take 6 of button mushrooms cut in half.
- You need 1 of broccoli florets, sliced in half or use mangetout sliced in half.
- Prepare 5 of small Maris Piper potatoes, sliced in half.
- Take of For the curry sauce:.
- Use 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Take 5 cups of boiled water (from kettle).
- Get 1 block of Japanese curry sauce (S&B Golden Curry Mix).
- Use of For garnish:.
- Get 1 tablespoon of black or white sesame seeds, sprinkle over rice (optional).
Steps to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- Add the rice to the rice cooker. Wash and rinse it a few times until it is no longer cloudy. Cook the rice and leave it there until ready for serving..
- Peel and slice carrots into rounds 0.5cm. Peel the onions and cut into quarter slices. Cut the mushrooms and broccoli florets in half. Slice the potatoes into quarters and set the vegetables aside..
- Boil about 5 cups of water in a kettle to save time. On medium heat, in a medium sized sauce pan place the carrots and potatoes. Add the hot water enough to cover the vegetables and cook until soft. In a colander drain the vegetables and set the carrots and potatoes aside..
- On medium heat, add oil in a wok and let it heat up for about a minute. Place onions in wok and sauté the onions until it becomes translucent, then add the carrots and potatoes and stir. Cook it for about a minute. Now add broccoli or mangetout and mushrooms and then the hot water (from kettle) enough to cover the vegetables. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add the block of the curry sauce (add more or less depending on preference). Let it simmer gently, turning down the heat to low for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally from time to time to prevent sauce and vegetables from sticking and burning. Then turn off heat and set aside..
- In the meantime as the curry cooks, prepare the pork by pounding each lion piece one by one until 0.5cm thick. Season with salt & pepper (add as much or little as you like)..
- In two separate baking trays place the flour in one (season with a small amount of pepper & salt – optional) and in the other the panko breadcrumbs. In a bowl gently beat the eggs..
- Take a piece of pork lion (I used pork) or chicken breast and fully coat it all over in the flour on both sides. Dip into the egg and let any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Then place the pork in the panko breadcrumbs and cover the meat with it on both sides (including the edges). Place this on a large baking tray. Repeat the steps until all the pork has been used and set aside..
- In a wok or large pot add oil for shallow frying the breaded pork. On medium heat let the oil heat up. Drop a piece of panko breadcrumb into the oil. If it sizzles then the oil is ready. Place a piece of breaded meat into the wok. Let one side turn slightly golden brown before turning. Once brown turn over. Turn once more..
- When golden brown transfer onto kitchen paper placed on top of a plate or tray to allow the excess oil to drain. Repeat the process until all meat has been used..
- Place one breaded pork or chicken piece onto a chopping board. Cut into several slices (place remaining cooked meat in oven, on low temperature to keep warm) or leave whole. On a serving plate, add the rice, place the sliced meat next to it. Then ladle the curry sauce either on the side or on top of meat and rice (add as much or little as you wish). Garnish with sesame seeds (optional)..
If you find this Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.