Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chettinad prawns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chettinad prawns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad prawns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably purchase many food items out of habit. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad prawns recipe. To cook chettinad prawns you only need 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chettinad prawns:
- Prepare 15-20 of Prawns jumbo.
- Prepare of For the marinade:.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Take of For the masala.
- Take 4 tbsps of Refined oil / coconut oil.
- Get 10-15 of Curry leaves.
- Use 2-3 of Whole fried red chillies.
- Get 1 cup of Chopped onions.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Get 1/2 cup of Chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red chilli.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- Provide 2-3 tbsps of Grated coconut.
- Use As needed of Chopped coriander for garnish.
- Take 1/2 cup of Water.
Steps to make Chettinad prawns:
- Marinate cleaned and deveined prawns with a lil salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and coriander powder and keep aside for 5-10 mins..
- In a pan, add oil, when the oil is hot, add curry leaves and whole dried chillies and let it splutter..
- Then add chopped onions. Ginger-garlic paste and sauté it till the onions get golden..
- Then add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mushy..
- Now add in the spice powders, turmeric, red chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander and cumin powder and mix well..
- You can also add in coconut, in case you want a thicker gravy. Add a lil water and let all the masala come together..
- Now add in the prawns. Sauté it with the masala by adding some water and let it cook for about 5 mins, as the prawns gets cooked very fast.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander. You can adjust the water depending on the consistency of the gravy you are looking for..
If you find this Chettinad prawns recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.