Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything at once or that you need to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe. To make chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) you only need 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free):
- Get 600 g of chicken breasts (or turkey breasts).
- Take 250 g of quinoa (white, red, or mix).
- Take 1 can of tomato puree (approx. 300ml).
- Use 200 ml of heavy cream (or coconut milk).
- Use 3 of onions.
- Prepare 2 of leeks.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic.
- Take 1 of chilli pepper.
- Use 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- Provide 3 teaspoons of turmeric.
- Take 2 spoons of coriander seeds (aka cilantro seeds).
- Prepare 2 spoons of garam masala mixture.
- Get 2 spoons of salt.
- Use 2 spoons of sugar (coco flower sugar preferably).
- Prepare 8 spoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 spoons of fresh or dried cilantro.
Instructions to make Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free):
- Prepare your ingredients for the kari. If possible, use whole spices and grind them using mortar and pestle. This gives more flavor to your dish compared to the already grinded spices. In the end, all spices used must be grinded into powder either way..
- Prepare your ingredients for the quinoa side dish..
- Start with quinoa. I've used one cup of quinoa, which equals to almost 250g..
- Unless properly washed, quinoa can be bitter after cooking. To avoid this, wash it properly with a boiling water — I needed approx. 1 liter..
- Add washed quinoa into a pot and add 2.5x more water than the volume of quinoa. I've used 1 pot of quinoa, hence 2.5 pots of cold water..
- Add the heat until the water in the pot starts boiling. Then turn down the heat and let the water to simmer. It takes 15-20 minutes..
- While quinoa cooks, prepare the main dish. Cut the meat (I've used turkey breasts) into small cubes (size of the thumb)..
- Cut the onions into small pieces..
- Cut the carrots into the julienne-like slices. You could also use other veggies, such as zucchini, eggplant, spring onions, bell peppers… The key thing to bear in mind is that you add veggies *at the end* of the process only to heat them up and make them smoother. You don't want them to be overcooked without that "crispiness". 🙂 Garlic and the chilli pepper are the only ones you add before since they give additional taste to the dish..
- Cut the leeks, chilli pepper and garlic into slices..
- Add olive oil and the spices into the pan, mix all together and heat it up..
- Heat the mixture for 1 minute. Soon, the spices will start to form small bubbles in the olive oil..
- Add onions into the spicy olive oil and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions diminish in size..
- Add cubes of meat, mix it with the spicy onion and olive oil and saute it for another 3-5 minutes..
- Add 1 sliced pepper and 4 cloves of garlic. Mix together..
- Add 1 can tomato puree and mix together..
- Add 2 spoons of sugar — I've used the coconut flower sugar..
- Add sliced leeks and cut carrots and mix well together..
- Add heavy cream and mix well together..
- Bring the mixture to boil and then turn off the heat..
- Serve your wonderful dish. If possible, sprinkle with fresh or dried cilantro. 🙂 To make smoother, add a slice of.
If you find this Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.