Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala coconut chicken curry recipe. You can have kerala coconut chicken curry using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry:
- You need 1/2 kg of kg Chicken.
- Take of To marinate.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Vinegar.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Take of To grind.
- Get 8-10 of Pearl Onions.
- Use 5-6 of Garlic cloves.
- Get 1 inch of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Fennel Seeds.
- Get of for curry.
- Provide 1 cup of Thick coconut milk.
- Get 3 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- You need 2 of small Onions chopped.
- Prepare 8-10 of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 3-4 of Green Chillies slit.
- Provide 2 of medium Tomatoes chopped.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Garam masala or chicken masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder – adjust.
- Prepare of For Seasoning.
- Use 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- Provide 4-5 of pearl onions sliced.
- Prepare 6-7 of Curry leaves.
Instructions to make Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Marinate chicken with pepper turmeric vinegar and salt keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Crush coarsely all the ingredients mentioned under grind section.
- Heat oil in earthen vessel or heavy bottom pan. Add onion, green chillies and curry leaves. Stir fry until onions brown.
- Add ground mixture, saute until raw aroma goes away.
- Add spice powders and salt. Mix well for few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are tender and mushy.
- Add chicken with 1/3 cup water. Mix well. Cover and cook until done stirring occasionally.
- Cook on high heat until gravy thickens. Add coconut milk, stir well. Switch off and cover the vessel.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add sliced pearl onions and curry leaves. Stir fry until onions are crispy.
- Add seasoning to curry. Mix well. Cover and rest for 15-20 minutes to allow flavours to set in.
- Serve with roti, appam, idiyappam, pulao.
If you find this Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.