Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
When searching for a convenient nutritious snack, do not forget about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch is not a good idea. Low fat yogurt helps make a amazing snack, however. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Yogurt unites wonderfully with nuts along with seeds. This decreases your sugar intake without lowering the taste of your snack.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry chicken satay recipe. To make coconut curry chicken satay you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- Take 40 of skewers soaked ideally overnight, but at least 6 hours or so.
- You need 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into roughly 1/3-inch thick, 1.5-inch wide strips.
- Provide 1-1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
- Get 1/4 cup of minced shallots.
- Provide 3 Tablespoons of packed brown sugar.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- You need of zest of 1 lime.
- Provide 1.5-2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic (about 2 large cloves).
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of curry powder.
Instructions to make Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the salt first and give them a good thorough mixing with your hands to ensure that the chicken is evenly seasoned with the salt. Let that sit for about 5 minutes while add the other ingredients into the bowl..
- Combine the rest of the marinade ingredients with the salted chicken and again, using your hands, massage the ingredients gently and thoroughly into the chicken, making sure that all the components are evenly distributed throughout the chicken..
- Cover the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 8. (What will happen if you marinate it longer? Well, it won't be terrible, but the longer proteins sit in a salty mixture, the more cured a texture they begin to take on. You can actually let this marinade go for 2 or 3 days before you cook the chicken, but I think up to 8 hours for chicken breast keeps optimal texture. Up to overnight for dark meat.).
- Skewer the chicken in roughly 6-inch segments. This may take combining 2 or more pieces together. No biggie. Also, if you're planning to cook the chicken over coals right after you skewer, right before Step 4 would be a good time to light your coals..
- Grill the skewers over slightly lower than medium heat. 3 to 4.5 minutes per side for breast meat, 5.5 to 7 minutes per side for dark meat..
- GRILLING TIPS: If you're grilling on a gas grill, you just need to preheat your grill to a just under medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes prior to cooking. If you're grilling with coals, since you're dealing with smaller, thinner skewer cuts, you'll want to make sure to give your coals plenty of time for the flames to burn out and then a little time for the white heat to dissipate just a bit before you start cooking..
- GRILLING TIPS (cont): You'll be able to tell when some of the coals have returned to something more like the original charcoal color. And then there's always the hand test (assuming an even spread of the coals) in which you hold your hand an inch or two above the grill grates and judge the temp by how long you can hold it there before you have to pull it away. For the slightly less than medium heat you want for these satay skewers, 4 to 5 seconds should do it..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.