Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style recipe. You can cook avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- Use 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (preferably coconut oil).
- Get 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of asafetida.
- Take 1/4 cup of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped red onions.
- Get 1 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- Get 1 of medium sized potato, diced.
- Use 1 cup of frozen pea carrot mix.
- You need 1 cup of frozen lima beans.
- Provide 1/2 cup of frozen Elephant Foot Yam (Senai kizhangu in Tamil).
- Prepare 2 of Tarrow root (Sepankizhangu in Tamil), steam cooked and diced.
- Take 1 of medium sized sweet potato, steam cooked and diced.
- Use 1 tbs of curry powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Coconut paste:.
- Take 1/2 c of fresh coconut pieces.
- Use 1 tbsp of channa dhal.
- Take 1 tbsp of urud dhal.
- Take 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Take 1/4 c of cashews.
- Provide 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilies.
- Take 1 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- You need 2 cup of yogurt.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Provide 1 cup of roasted cashew nuts.
Instructions to make AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- Heat Oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, about a minute. Pop mustard and fennel seeds in the hot oil, about a minute. Add asafetida, chilies, and curry leaves; sauté onion until onion gets soft, about 3-4 minutes..
- Add garlic and potato; continue cooking over medium heat with the saucepan covered, about 5 minutes. Stir in frozen vegetables, about five minutes. Add steam cooked vegetables. Add 4 cups water; continue cooking over medium heat with the sauce pan covered-about 5 minutes. Stir in curry and turmeric powder..
- Coconut paste: Dry roast dhal, coriander, cashews and coconut over medium heat in a skillet-about 2- minutes. Blend them together with water to make a smooth paste. Add the paste to the cooked vegetables. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk; bring it to boil over medium heat, about 6minutes. Add nutmeg. Turn the heat off. Cool to room temperature. Add yogurt. Salt to taste. Garnish with cilantro and cashews. Serve at room temperature. Serve this tasty nutritious dish with pongal.
If you find this AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.