Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea & vegetable curry recipe. To cook chickpea & vegetable curry you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- Prepare 200 g of (half a can) of chickpeas, drained,.
- Get 100 g of closed cap mushrooms, sliced,.
- Take 80 g of fresh tomatoes chopped,.
- You need 1 of large red onion, sliced,.
- Use Half of a carton of tomato passata, 200g,.
- Provide 60 g of chopped baby spinach leaves,.
- Get 2 of finely sliced green (spring) onions,.
- Provide 2 of mild red chillies, seeds left in, sliced finely,.
- Provide 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, sliced finely,.
- Use 2 of large cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- Get 1 of good handful of chopped flat leaf parsley,.
- Take 1 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- Take 1 tsp of tumeric,.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala powder,.
- Take 3 of whole cardamon pods,.
- Take 1 of heaped tbsp fat free Quark,.
- Get 1 of good pinch of salt,.
- Use 1 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying,.
Instructions to make Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- Heat a large saucepan up on a hob, over a medium high heat. Add the cooking oil and allow to warm. Once heated, add the red onion, green onions and the mushrooms. Fry for a couple of minutes..
- Next add the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir to combine and fry until fragrant for another couple of minutes..
- Add in the tomatoes next. Stir again. Then add in all of the dry spices. Give everything a good stir and add in the passata. Next add the chickpeas and water. Season with a good pinch of salt and also add the cardamon pods..
- Turn the heat down to medium and allow the mixture to come to a simmer. Add the chopped spinach leaves on top of the curry and place the lid of the saucepan on so it steams it. Once the spinach has shrunk down after around 3-4 minutes, open the lid and give the curry a stir so everything is evenly combined. Add the chopped parsley leaves..
- Place over the lid again and allow to simmer on a low heat until the curry thickens and reduces down and the vegetables and chickpeas are tender. I usually leave it to simmer for anywhere between 40-60 minutes on a very low heat, ensure you check on it now and then to give it a stir so it doesn't dry or catch. If it begins to dry simply add a touch more water..
- Once the curry has reduced and thickened remove from the heat. Leave to stand for 3 minutes. If you can locate the Cardamon pods, remove them. Add in the quark and stir through until the curry becomes creamier. Serve up and enjoy! :).
- Note: This is a great curry to batch cook on a larger scale, to then freeze as individual portions as a quick go to meal when you need it. I often do this and store in Tupperware boxes..
If you find this Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.