Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. When you require a fast snack on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry (daal) recipe. You can have red lentil curry (daal) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- You need 1 of pot :.
- Take 5 cup of 5-6 cup of water in a pot.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Red lentils (washed).
- Provide 4 small of 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- You need of Spices.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat).
- Provide 1 of Whole chicken bouillon cube.
- Use 1 tsp of All spice powder (garam masala).
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Provide of Separate pan.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 3 of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Olive or canola oil.
- You need 1 of Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
Steps to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves..
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well).
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt).
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens.
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread).
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate.
If you find this Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.